Jones Mill with Willard Jones
Businesses and Stores
Jones Mill with Willard Jones on the right. The mill was built by his father and Russell Bartlett in 1846. The mill manufactured whip butts and bedsteads. They had the capacity to make 500 dozen whip butts per week. A photograph from this dryplate glass negative is in The South Worthington Parish Book by Reverend George Reed Moody (Plate X, no. 11). Please see this book for further information. They were originally entered into the database with little identification. The photographs were taken between 1882 and 1907 by the Howes Brothers of Ashfield. The origin and purpose of the number often written on the binding tape of these dryplates are presently unknown. The slides were cleaned and catalogued by Marion Sweeney between 1982 and 1986.
17.5 x 12.5 cm
Is Part Of
was donated to WHS by Arthur Cole in 1981