George Thrasher and Hattie Lyman House, South Worthington
Houses and Barns
Black and white photograph of the home of George Thrasher (b. June 28th, 1855) and Hattie Lyman (b. November 12th, 1862, Lee). On the day George was born, his father (Isaac Thrasher) and Consider Cole 'raised a new sawmill.' George and Hattie married on June 1st, 1880 and lived in Oscar Higgins' House on Goss Hill Rd. before moving to Chester in 1887, then to 'Mr. Freeman's house' in 1890, then to Westfield in 1891, finally settling in this home in 1893. The home was built by Isaac Thrasher in 1851 who acquired the land from Benjamin Niles. The land was originally part of the Eleazer Ring farm and called lot 227. As of the writing of the Reverend Moody book, George and Hattie had five children - Ora (b. July 17th, 1881), Herbert (b. December 28th, 1884), A. Dean (b. August 27th, 1886), Libbeon (b. October 17th, 1891), and Guy (b. August 13th, 1900). The house is featured in The South Worthington Parish by Rev. George Reed Moody (1905), page 61, plate IV, #16.
5 x 7 in
Marion Sweeney, South Worthington
Is Part Of
Worthington - South Worthington
Featured in The South Worthington Parish by Rev. George Reed Moody (1905). The house is also in the background of item 2010-02, George M. Thrasher and Family..
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Still Image - Black and White Glass Plate (negative)